Moritz Zdekauer Backstamp - marked Germany

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by emS, Apr 24, 2024.

1. emS

emS Member

I know it's more than likely 1938-45, but has anyone actually seen this stamp on anything, anywhere? The "Germany" is stamped in green and hard to read.

It's a nice pair of demitasse cups with saucers.

MZresize.jpg demitasse.jpg

2. Roaring20s

Roaring20s Well-Known Member

Do you see any indication that something is under this mark?

I wonder if this is an over stamp to cover "Czechoslovakia" in the logo during the Nazi Occupation (1938–1945)?

emS likes this.
  3. emS

emS Member

Interesting theory. I'll look although it may be hard to determine. Makes sense though, as the Germany stamp is so random in location. I'm just always so struck by the arrogance in assuming that their reign will be permanent.

4. Chris Marshall

Chris Marshall Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure that American Natives feel the same way about today's "Americans". We are all foreigners somewhere.

kentworld and komokwa like this.
  5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

& Canadians.............:beaver::beaver::beaver:

6. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Yes, although the Truth and Reconciliation movement has been rocky at times. Did you note the interesting settlement between the Haida nation on Haida Gwaii and the BC government? Quite innovative, I thought, and perhaps something that could be done elsewhere in Canada.

komokwa likes this.
  7. komokwa

The Haida....living on mostly unpopulated islands , have a certain benefit in that.....

kentworld likes this.
  8. kentworld

Well, I am an island dweller myself, although it is a large island! I heard the chief speak on the radio and although some concerns have been raised about current privately owned land on Haida Gwaii, I think they have been addressed sufficiently. I think each community is like an island, so perhaps this way of settling land rights can be modified to suit other indigenous nations in the country. Certainly saved lots of money, court time and bad feelings, I think.

komokwa likes this.
  9. komokwa

I'm an island dweller too !!:hilarious:

kentworld likes this.
  10. kentworld

Tres petit, hein? ;):D

11. komokwa

not in population.......only size......
    but ya still need a bridge to get on or off it !:p

kentworld likes this.
  12. emS

emS Member

No offense - these are all reasonable posts. But I generally address these questions on Twitter (X). Any actual insights about the MZ demitasse cup markings?

13. komokwa

No offence taken !
    We have a lively community here and occasionally get off topic when one comment leads to another.
    Your post could lead back to your cups at any moment , when an old or new member has something pertinent they wish to add , or it could go south with an impromptu discussion on whether or not giant pandas farts smell like bamboo !

Once a thread is started , there is no control over where it may lead , but for certain it will not end up like the clusterf-ck that is X !!!;)

emS and kentworld like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted