Mother in laws furniture

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Mike fogg, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Mike fogg

Mike fogg New Member

AB6C7C9F-6665-477F-ABFD-AB59B2C74B01.jpeg 9DB4FC92-3083-4FA8-A403-6E384841B33F.jpeg C47002F7-97FA-4CCC-95F7-2E9C9916488A.jpeg My wife is cleaning out her mother’s house and was wondering about a few pieces of furniture that is in there. If anyone would have any idea about these pieces I would really appreciate it. There is a China cabinet, a chest of drawers, and a buffet.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2021
    LauraGarnet02 likes this.
  2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Mass produced 1920s-1930s. Not worth much Im afraid . The dresser might be a little earlier.

3. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

4. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Before this year, brown wooden furniture was cheap and there was plenty of it to go around. The prices are starting to elevate, and it's getting more difficult to acquire. If you have the room to store (and hopefully use) these pieces, they will be worth much more in the future. Welcome to Antiquers, Mike :cat:

LauraGarnet02 likes this.
  5. LauraGarnet02

LauraGarnet02 Well-Known Member

Don't dismiss any of the things in the china cabinet. Check them out, get IDs before you get rid of them. Some of that stuff might be good.;):joyful: I see a giraffe collection too.

Fern77, antidiem and James Conrad like this.
  6. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Might push the dates to 30s-40s on the buffet and china. Agree that the chest of drawers is a bit earlier.... 20s. Value is really dependent on where and how selling. As a private person, selling in my semi-rural Midwest location, you would be very lucky to get $100.00 per piece. You might do better in or near a large city or coastal location.

antidiem likes this.
  7. James Conrad

James Conrad Well-Known Member

Definitely, I am going with Laura on this one.

Although I know ZERO about it, Mom's knick-knacks could well be much more valuable than the furniture.

antidiem likes this.
  8. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Wood furniture seems to be coming back but it will be a while before it's worth real money. The 1930s pieces are what gets called "waterfall" style and have a following. Sometimes. The stuff in the china hutch might be the real money.

antidiem and James Conrad like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted