Murano Glass Swan?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by dgbjwc, Mar 27, 2023.

1. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hello Board Friends - I'm back with another piece that I think might be Murano. The swan measures about 8 1/4" tall and has a polished base and light gold colored flecking in the head and crest. I was able to find a similar swan on eBay identified as Murano Sommerso but we all know we can't trust eBay identifications. I also went through the Murano Birds files on the Murano facebook page but again no luck. Any help confirming would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
    Don

I could also use a little help with my pictures. I don't know why I'm not getting the choice to load full image any longer. I got a new phone (Samsung S-22) but it seems when I transfer the photos over to my PC they won't load on this site correctly. I have figured out how to resize them so I don't think that's the issue. They are transferring as .jpg and I'm not sure if that's a problem or not but I can't figure out how to change the format. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

It’s sommerso in technique, and possibly made on Murano.

4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi Don, I tried lightening just the base to see if anything showed up, but not really anything that's legible....just one area that was barely visible in your photo of the base.....and I can't make it out...sorry....as for your photos....not sure what's going on, but you're not the only one it's happening to....others are running in to the same thing....I've found just downloading to my computer and changing the name a bit...leaving it .jpg and it will upload....but I've also edited usually....so I don't know what's really going on.......the darker 'purplish' area in the pink is where I found "something"....:happy::happy: I'd trust @Ownedbybear, as I'm not really a "glassie"!!

JUST BASE OF SWAN.jpg

5. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Thank you Bronwen and Ownedbybear! And Aquitaine, of course! I don't see a mark on the base. I think it's just a reflection but appreciate your efforts. And thanks for the renaming suggestion. I will give it a try.

6. Rclinftl

Rclinftl Well-Known Member

if selling it is important to note that it is 3 color sommerso...

dgbjwc likes this.
  7. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Not selling (at least not right now) but appreciate the additional information. Thank you.

Draft saved Draft deleted