Musical snow globe

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Mfgreatest, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Mfgreatest

Mfgreatest New Member

Hello,

I'm trying to identify this snow globe i got from a thrift store today. There are no visible hallmarks and this snow globe is very elaborate. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks alot

Attached Files:

judy likes this.
  2. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

I'm having trouble understanding which 'part' is a snow globe.

3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Hallmarks are for silver content....
    you must mean Makers Marks !:happy:

judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  4. Mfgreatest

Mfgreatest New Member

Well the big glass ball that has snow in it was my guess...

judy likes this.
  5. Mfgreatest

Mfgreatest New Member

And yes, Makers Mark makes more sense. No relation to the holiday whisky of the same name??

judy likes this.
  6. sassafras

sassafras Well-Known Member

I've had these at estate sales before. There is a whole bunny village available including houses, trees, etc. They are modern, resin, made in China and there isn't a brand on the boxes. They were sold through Dollar Tree stores. If memory serves correctly, the snow globes were $10 each.

7. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

The internet brings up the name Hoppy Hollow. Ceramic and resin.

Debora

s-l1600.jpg

patd8643 likes this.
  8. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

could be older Japanese production. the S mark on the winding key is for Sankyo.

Houseful and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted