My E.G. Webster (and sons) Lady?

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by flipper, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

"nevr dull" should be known at yours too.
    next step would be very fine sandpaper. in the European system it's 1000 and called polish rag by mechanics.

Figtree3 likes this.
  2. Jeff Drum

Jeff Drum Well-Known Member

Nevr Dull or Weiman Silver Wipes, etc should be fine. I just use packaged silver polish on a disposable cotton rag - I think you're fine with any packaged silver polish. Just stay away from home remedies and polishes for brass and other metals. I would never move onto sandpaper - I have never found it necessary and the electroplate would be gone in an instant.

This is repairable with epoxy assuming you don't want to pay for a more proper repair. If you don't already have some, you can buy some JB Weld which is the grey color you want to be least visible. Put plenty in the hollow candle cup and use rubber bands to clamp it while it dries - good clamping is the hardest but most necessary part. It should hold and make it usable again, though you will have to be careful inserting candles and it will never be as strong as it was originally (it was a poor design to begin with).

Figtree3 and Bakersgma like this.
  3. flipper

flipper Striving to face adversity with tact and humor

thanks again