Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Jewelry
>
My find for the day - And I don't even know where it came from
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="tie.dye.cat, post: 86907, member: 152"]I got several jewelry lots this week. On Saturday, I was sorting through a junk jewelry lot and an earring lot. I looked down and saw this ring on the floor; it must have slipped out of one of the lots. I almost threw it back into the junk jewelry pile, but I decided to loupe it first.</p><p><br /></p><p>Sure enough it's marked 18k with a left facing full lion (can't tell though if he's standing or laying down" and the letter "B".</p><p><br /></p><p>I have no idea where it came from. The junk jewelry lot didn't have a shred of gold or silver, so I think the seller was pretty thorough on checking things out.</p><p><br /></p><p>Any thoughts on where it's from? I'm usually fairly good at researching costume jewelry marks, but European marks give me agida.</p><p><br /></p><p>[ATTACH=full]22101[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]22102[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="tie.dye.cat, post: 86907, member: 152"]I got several jewelry lots this week. On Saturday, I was sorting through a junk jewelry lot and an earring lot. I looked down and saw this ring on the floor; it must have slipped out of one of the lots. I almost threw it back into the junk jewelry pile, but I decided to loupe it first. Sure enough it's marked 18k with a left facing full lion (can't tell though if he's standing or laying down" and the letter "B". I have no idea where it came from. The junk jewelry lot didn't have a shred of gold or silver, so I think the seller was pretty thorough on checking things out. Any thoughts on where it's from? I'm usually fairly good at researching costume jewelry marks, but European marks give me agida. [ATTACH=full]22101[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]22102[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Jewelry
>
My find for the day - And I don't even know where it came from
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...