Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Silver
>
My first silverware: Early Victorian salver
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="shamster, post: 11435976, member: 85821"]Hmmm, I’m not an expert in silverware nor late Georgian/ early Victorian design, so the feet don’t look too loud to my eyes. And based on the photo the soldering seems neat. Also I did an image search again and found another salver by George Ivory, sadly the auctioneer didn’t upload better photos of the feet so we can only see from the top, the feet were different in design but still have similar scrolling there.</p><p>[ATTACH=full]543549[/ATTACH] </p><p>but I’m happy to see that although the shape seems to be a common and regular design there no exact matches by other makers, meaning it could be silversmith’s original model![/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="shamster, post: 11435976, member: 85821"]Hmmm, I’m not an expert in silverware nor late Georgian/ early Victorian design, so the feet don’t look too loud to my eyes. And based on the photo the soldering seems neat. Also I did an image search again and found another salver by George Ivory, sadly the auctioneer didn’t upload better photos of the feet so we can only see from the top, the feet were different in design but still have similar scrolling there. [ATTACH=full]543549[/ATTACH] but I’m happy to see that although the shape seems to be a common and regular design there no exact matches by other makers, meaning it could be silversmith’s original model![/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Silver
>
My first silverware: Early Victorian salver
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...