My little treasure

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by gerspee, Jun 26, 2017.

1. gerspee

gerspee Well-Known Member

Family item for many years . Pink stone and tested by diamond tester for real . Been to the dentist :happy: without any pain en the photographed and nothing on the picture only the little plastic support . Been breathing on it and no mist on it not even after almost hyper ventilating . So what do you think ?

DSC06762.jpg DSC06763.jpg DSC06757.jpg DSC06758.jpg

KingofThings likes this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

It is very pretty, how was it tested and what did it show? What does it look like under UV light?
    I'm thinking maybe topaz, sapphire, spinel.

3. gerspee

It shows diamond on the testers used . One off mine and one off the juwelers

KingofThings likes this.
  4. Any Jewelry

Did it show the result for a diamond, hardness 10, or less? If less, how much?
    For instance, diamond is 10, ruby/sapphire 9, topaz and spinel 8.
    If it tests positive for diamond, it is big and valuable.

Melissa Brown and KingofThings like this.
  5. gerspee

The last thing i did today was a visited to my dentist to make a photograph with rontgen . And no stone to be seen on the photo so getting closer :happy: to the real thing . And hardness was 10 on the tester . So yes probaly a good stone with some value

KingofThings likes this.
  6. Any Jewelry

So you've pretty much got everything covered. What would you like to know?

7. gerspee

I would like some detailed pictures in hd from a older diamond in the same facet cutting to compare ?

8. Any Jewelry

It is best to google that. I don't know the exact size of the diamond and haven't seen pictures of the back, but I guess it is about 10 carat (give or take:)). The cut looks pretty modern, meaning 20th century.
    So you google pink 10 carat oval diamond. You probably have more luck if you leave pink out.
    If you compare this stone to others, remember there is some fritting to the stone.

9. gerspee

It's a bit smaller and about 3.5 carat the stone measured at length and width and thickness . But still big enough to have some value :cat: . But have to go to the Diamant centre in Amsterdam soon I think to get a certification for insurance

10. Any Jewelry

That is probably best.
    The thing is, just sideviews of the face of a stone isn't much to go by. And without details, we're just guessing what it looks like and what the size is.
    Even with the right details, we couldn't give a value if we wanted to, and we don't.:) Nothing personal, we just don't do that here.
    Will you let us know what they said?

11. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

That's a pretty lame setting for a 3.5 carat diamond......good luck with the appraisal !!

kyratango likes this.
  12. gerspee

Good thing I don't want a value from the forum :angelic: Leave that up to the Diamond center I think . But I think that the stone is older then the ring because off the shape front and back . The value just depends what mine the stone if recognised as pink diamond is mined from and when .

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  13. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

at that size the value could be substantial...:happy:

14. Any Jewelry

Melissa Brown likes this.
  15. gerspee

Maybe next week a make a appointment at the centre . But yes if right and a real pink diamond these prices are not the best for my normally quiet behaviour :playful:

16. LIbraryLady

LIbraryLady Well-Known Member

Why did you breathe on it - what would that tell you?

Thanks.

judy likes this.
  17. gerspee

That will tell the conducting off the heat by the stone . Diamonds will show no mist after breathing on it . But more other type stones are capable off that so it's only a part off the determination

judy likes this.
  18. Any Jewelry

Oops, just saw that. Of course I meant 10 mm, which in an oval cut would translate to about 3 carat.
    Turns out it is bigger, 3.5.

19. LIbraryLady

LIbraryLady Well-Known Member

Thank you. Always appreciate a chance to learn.

Draft saved Draft deleted