Featured My new-ish avatar: Meet Bertha! (More photos added!)

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by bluumz, May 16, 2019.

1. TBeezley1

TBeezley1 Member

The photo of the line of people sitting along the concrete retaining wall features (front to back) Edna Hann and Arthur Thiel (Uncle Arthur was Bertha's brother and Edna became Arthur's wife), Wanda Thiel, Bertha Thiel, and several others unknown. One of Edna and Arthur's daughter's, Virginia, sent me these comments about that photo and location. BTW "Kinderheim" is German and mean's children's home.

Virginia writes, "Hi Todd, Wow…what an incredible reminder of long ago when at the end of every school year children from St. Paul’s school and our Church members would go out to Addison, Illinois for a grand end of the year picnic.

It usually took place in June.

It was held at the Children’s Home which had spacious grounds.

I’m assuming that when this was taken Grandpa Hann was principal of the school. It also looks like Dad was possibly dating Mom at the time. Everyone looks carefree and happy to be together."

So many have been blessed through the discovery, sharing, and repatriation of this album. Thanks again, Bluumz

2. TBeezley1

TBeezley1 Member

Today, my mother celebrates #109 in Heaven.

In her honor..."Happy Bertha-day to you...Happy Bertha-day to you...Happy Bertha-day, dear Mom. Happy Bertha-day to you."

3. sch3gsd

sch3gsd Well-Known Member

What a great thread. I was enjoying the pictures and thinking she must have been a fun person to know and was delighted to read Todd's posts and see that the album will go back to the family.

4. TBeezley1

TBeezley1 Member

Everyone who knew her loved her. That is a testament in itself. :)

bluumz, sch3gsd, Christmasjoy and 3 others like this.
  5. TBeezley1

TBeezley1 Member

Franklin G. Beezley.jpg
    Thought you all might like to see the man who "caught" Bertha, my father, Franklin G. Beezley. I was blessed with two loving parents. And now I can add you all to my quickly expanding family. BTW...With my deepest appreciation, I am pleased to report Bertha's family album has arrived safe and sound thanks to the persistence and diligence of Bluumz. Many thanks and much love to her and to you all. TB

sch3gsd, bercrystal, bluumz and 6 others like this.
  6. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

What a superb finish to this portion of Bertha's story!

bluumz and clutteredcloset49 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted