Featured My Planters...if yours look like this,they ain't old,or worth much !!

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by komokwa, Aug 30, 2019.

1. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I've mentioned these on more than one occasion so it's time to show them, and just maybe folks who see them will recognize their own Chinese vases, bowls, & planters are very similar and not the ancient Chinese culture items they so hope they are..! :yawn:

I've seen the large one retail for $ 95 ( no wood stool..) 14 x 15 1/2 inches approx.
    The smaller one $ 39.95
    But that's in a retail store....on the secondary market.... bahhh, who knows ???

Feel free to discuss the stamps....quality...age..... and why most of the Chinese pottery we see here .....are just like these !

IMG_5980.JPG IMG_5983.JPG IMG_5981.JPG IMG_5982.JPG IMG_5976.JPG IMG_5977.JPG IMG_5978.JPG

this is on the plate below the small planter....

IMG_5979.JPG

& yes...they are very pretty....and make great planters or decorative decor items...
    but das it...das all......that's all they are !

2. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

But those who don't know will still come - to learn that information. Tiresome as it is, that's kinda what we do around here. At least those have the intelligence to ask................as opposed to those who think they should charge 1k when selling at a garage sale..................

of course there will be those who think the earth is flat, and there is no argument that will change their minds...............:(

3. komokwa

Yes, but also many folks snoop around here before they feel ready to join....so maybe someone sees this thread before posting their 5 dollar yard sale....or late uncle Peters gift, Chinese Tsingtao rare vases !!

Figtree3, kyratango, judy and 7 others like this.
  4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

5. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

I admit to admiring or owning NOTHING........................

some times you have a particular space that needs a particular something............

6. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

well i havent got any of these!

7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

They won't, because most of their porcelain is not nearly as nice as these.:)
    And lesser quality is older, right? Because people in the old days didn't have a clue what they were doing.:rolleyes:

Of course I would display the first one the wrong way around to have the fan cartouche showing.:happy:

8. Phaik Hooi

Phaik Hooi Well-Known Member

too true :hilarious:
    i had 3 which i sold for RM120 (~USD28) each :hilarious:
    black planter1 copy.jpg pheasant and peony planter2 copy.jpg blue and white planter2 copy.jpg

9. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

I can still sell these (cheap-ish) at the mall. Better with a stand. Don't buy them any more because I don't like to lug them around. I think some people now put them outside.

Weren't these all the rage in the 80s when Asian style decor was HOT, hot, hot? With a fake ficus tree in it?

10. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Yes they were, overhere as well. Although being Dutch we had real ficus trees. We love our plants and flowers.:)

11. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

AAAAAHHHHHHhhhhh:facepalm::hilarious:
    Are you SURE yours aren't Ming?:p So nice in decor!

12. komokwa

I think Dad used his for a palm.....didn't want to fight with a ficus !! Hehe !!!

13. komokwa

14. komokwa

Ming? is that a color ? :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
    Ming.....no , not that thing !
    Ming...if they're from any Dynasty.....more likely this one...

upload_2019-8-31_10-4-20.jpeg

15. komokwa

count yer blessings........;):playful::playful::playful:

16. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

kyratango, i need help and judy like this.
  17. komokwa

very funny Terry !!
    Yes, some folks go Nuts for these....!!!;):happy:

kyratango and i need help like this.
  18. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

I’ve always considered Chinese porcelain and pottery not for the faint of heart collectors as IDing can be a bit of a minefield. That said, if you notice “decorated” in Macau or Hong Kong, then it is less desirable and has decorator value only.

komokwa and kyratango like this.
  19. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I know nothing about this kind of item. But I do know that the wooden piece that holds it is sellable as others need and want that sort of thing.
    This is coming from watching some etsy sellers sell these wooden items.
    Good luck at your yard sale.

komokwa likes this.
  20. komokwa

it's one of the nicer stands I've seen...& not sure it came with the planter..

pearlsnblume likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted