Mystery bronze jug with mystery mark

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by jmaork22, Aug 29, 2026.

  1. jmaork22

    jmaork22 New Member

    Very interesting! This was the first time I decided out of curiosity to go further than the "summary" and actually interact with it (send it pictures and specific questions to see what it would say) - It is so coversational and seems so sure of itself! It even asked me to get back to it if I found out anything more! I don't think I will be interacting with it again for any of my current research projects....
     
    komokwa likes this.
  2. Bronwen

    Bronwen Well-Known Member

    Not to say that there aren't plenty of humans who don't know what they're talking about but tell you with an air of great authority anyway. I long ago decided that the world divides into people who are certain more often than they're right, and people who are right more often than they're certain. AI always presents even gobbledegook as the honest truth, and many people assume that if something appears in print it must be correct,

    Asking you to do the work of improving it for free. How do you get back to it & tell it anything?
     
    Marote likes this.
  3. jmaork22

    jmaork22 New Member

    yes, I was wondering that same thing - I feel like it knows me now and will somehow be able to refer back to our original conversation if I check in again (not a comforting feeling - I won't be testing that!) - not to mention it has my pictures and information it can now add to the meaningless bits and pieces it is stitching together. I very much appreciate and agree with your comments about the effect AI is having on people and their ability to reason out (or even care) about the truth of things - all of this has made doing research on the internet so unreliable - I will have to go back to my "pre-internet" methods of spending a lot of time in research libraries with actual books and catalogs -
     
    komokwa and Bronwen like this.
  4. Bronwen

    Bronwen Well-Known Member

    Just had a tussle with Goog's AI, trying to get it to cough up a document it found for me, much to my surprise then, years ago. Now it keeps telling me there are no "prominent" documents with the name I was researching. Yeah, I would say the catalogue of the Manchester Mechanics' Institute exhibition of Christmas 1842-1843 is not prominent, but there was a time when Goog would find it & deliver it in search results instead of giving me a bunch of irrelevant, not what I asked for stuff. Bah! Humbug!
     
    komokwa likes this.
Similar Threads: Mystery bronze
Forum Title Date
Metalware Mystery bronze item, needs ID Mar 18, 2022
Metalware Mystery bronze disk - please help me identify! Dec 29, 2018
Metalware Mystery Real Bronze Candleholder Jan 19, 2016
Metalware What is this Copper Alligator Supposed to Do? Mystery Item Jan 29, 2025
Metalware mystery spheres Nov 1, 2024

Share This Page