Featured Mystery Miniature Mouse Pottery Figurines

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Flashback, Oct 9, 2021.

1. Flashback

Flashback Active Member

I have had these for years and have always speculated they were made in England. I periodically search for others, and only recently found two other web pages through an image search, both coming out of the UK. Unfortunately, I've yet to find anything that sheds light on the maker or age.

There are no markings, other than impressed numbers on the bottom of the figurines. The little hiker (to the far right) stands right around 2-1/2" high.

Might anyone who it was that made these and when?

mouse header image.png

lovewrens, TallCakes, Bronwen and 2 others like this.
  2. Roaring20s

Roaring20s Well-Known Member

3. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

Roaring is correct,
    They are all Doulton knock offs, I have all the originals and they are far superior in finish.

Aquitaine, Bronwen, Bakersgma and 2 others like this.
  4. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

several companies made similar mouse family figurine sets; Franklin Mint, Enesco, Doulton, etc. Your figurines seem to be fashioned after Hummel style figurines; just exchanging the mouse character for the child (if you look close it is just the heads that are replaced). Guess would be possibly out of Hong Kong like many things copied back in the day...

examples:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
  5. Flashback

Flashback Active Member

Thanks, all, for helping me to get a better sense as to the history of these. I don't know that I would have ever made that Hummel connection.

While these don't have the finer detail and finish that Doulton or even Hummel pieces have, they're rather cute in their own right.

It seems I may never know who made them or when, and that's okay. They're small and don't eat up much space, so they can just continue to be a mystery right here. Thanks again!

6. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I was able to find the boy mouse figurine with the dog on Rubylane. Apparently some of these figurines have three digit numbers on the bottom and that might provide you with additional search options. The Bus stop mouse has a closed listing on Etsy that says it was purchased in 1990 in Oregon. Neither seller knew the manufacturer.

7. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I've a few of those, too and see them often. Never ever found out who made them.

Draft saved Draft deleted