Napco/Lefton Library?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by napcogal, Nov 23, 2017.

1. napcogal

napcogal New Member

Hello All!

I just started collecting Napco and Lefton figurines a few years ago, specifically Christmas figurines. I have fallen in love with them!! Anyways, I was wondering if anyone knows about an online collection/library of all of the Napco and Lefton figurines. I would love to see all of them in one place, if that even exists.

Thank you to anyone who can help!

pearlsnblume and judy like this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
    napcogal and judy like this.
  3. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    We have not heard from our Lefton expert in a long time. I think he has all the catalogues going back to the beginning. He is such a wonderful person. The board is beginning to get so big that people drop out and we have so many missing.:oops:
    greg

4. desperate_fun

desperate_fun Irregular Member

@LeftonGuy

Hopefully he gets email notifications

5. napcogal

napcogal New Member

Thanks for your help everyone! I see Napco figurines everywhere, just so surprised there isn’t a catalogue! @LeftonGuy if you have any information I would love to talk to you!

6. LeftonGuy

LeftonGuy Well-Known Member

7. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

@napcogal Our resident Lefton expert is still alive & kicking. ;):happy::happy::happy:

He has resurfaced & is ready for any questions you might have for him. :):):)

LeftonGuy and pearlsnblume like this.
  8. LeftonGuy

I drop in once in a while and check for Lefton postings. Not many of recent days, weeks, or months. But yes you could say I have some info, a few thousand pages of references and such things. Plus what is in my head. I don't collect much Lefton anymore, ran out of room in my house for storage. Plus I am into many different collectibles and into things other than Lefton lately (mainly due to a lack of interest in Lefton in the larger collectible world at present as evidenced by the 80% decrease in prices it presently brings on ebay for example). At present my main interest is Fred Harvey. My Fred Harvey collection is one I started in 1982 with the purchase of a handful of Fred Harvey postcards. As I got into Lefton in the late 1990s I got out of Fred Harvey. Now its the other way around, out of Lefton and into Fred...Anyways I am back and will check in again sometime soon.

9. LeftonGuy

A comment about this collectorsweekly Lefton site.

Mainly copied info from a book that is not correct in many aspects of what it says. Nobody cares, I know that, but I do want to set the record straight especially when I find incorrect info repeated as though it is a fact.

The main thing I find objectionable is the dating of the red paper label to the OJ period. Lefton used NO red paper labels during the OJ period and certainly not one that says Lefton's Exclusives Japan (since paper labels as marks on ceramics as the only country of origin mark were not allowed in the US until after the OJ period). Many of the paper label and mark dates given in DeLozier's Lefton collector books are provably wrong. Karen Barton's dates in her Lefton collector books were much more carefully researched (I know because I and Karen did the research) and were based on marks and labels found on over 5,000 Lefton items and thus are much more accurate.

End of rant.

Any Jewelry and pearlsnblume like this.
  10. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Nice to see you LeftonGuy. You helped me a lot on the ebay boards.
    :)

Any Jewelry likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted