Featured Need a little help with this

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Mark Biscomb, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Mark Biscomb

Mark Biscomb New Member

I recently purchased these pair of vases. The Auction house i bought them from listed them as Mettlach although the base has no mark on it, someone has said they are probably Japanese Moriage but are they, the consistent thing is the date both said 1880 - 1910

upload_2019-4-3_14-40-39.png

2. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

I would vote for Japanese Moriage.....love the enamel work!

Christmasjoy, i need help and dgbjwc like this.
  3. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Welcome, Mark. I agree with laura9797. Nippon (Japanese). The date is correct although for the life of me I can't imagine why the auction house would identify them as Mettlach - they just scream Nippon to me. Beautiful vases!
    Don

judy and i need help like this.
  4. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Gorgeous ! Though I have probably 100 vases,Id make room for those!

5. Mark Biscomb

Mark Biscomb New Member

If you want them i'm trying to sell them, but it seems i may have listing them incorrectly as Mettlach.

If you want them i'm open to offers

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  6. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Not sure where you have listed but just change the listing from Mettlach to Nippon. They should sell depending on what you're asking. If you check sold Nippon Moriage vases on eBay you should get an idea of price. Add a premium for having a pair.
    Don

7. Mark Biscomb

Mark Biscomb New Member

Thanks for that, I've just had a look on Ebay and have seen one similar that sold for $100 or £76 so that should give me a starting point....thank you very much for your help

Draft saved Draft deleted