Featured Need AGE On These and if they are worth Selling or Donate?

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by Aquitaine, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

DH’S brother is doing a bit of cleaning out and found these DEEP in his closet…..except for one small stain, and them being in excellent condition, was wondering if they would sell well or just to donate in a clothing pile….the stain is about nickel size in a yellow square on the left leg…..thanks for ANY INPUT, any and ALL of you!!! BTW, authentic Madras, and they are size 34!!!

891DCC17-0705-4E10-BA16-B165A1C1AEC6.jpeg

EA5D8ECA-53BB-4E15-B7C5-ED2F095752DC.jpeg

B9B8246A-2A1B-4584-B8F9-62E7D6836CFD.jpeg

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Mid-1960s I'd think when madras was all the rage.

Debora

3. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

4. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I actually like those ! if I EVER saw size 34 again Id wear them !

5. Rufus@frockstarvintage

Rufus@frockstarvintage Well-Known Member

GREAT slacks! They will sell, and sell well depending on size (I see they are 34w, what's the inseam measurement? Check for any extra length in the hem & include that info in the listing). As for age, with that waistband a bit more 70s than was suggested earlier (possibly into 80s - metal or nylon zipper? Metal would be earlier). Madras is a plus, btw.
    Right now is great timing with Halloween approaching but I have sold similar year round - so don't market as costume specifically - there are MANY golf playing wacky pants wearing guys (& gals!)out there. Haven't sold any lately but regularly sold these in the $75-$150 range not so long ago.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
    Aquitaine likes this.
  6. Rufus@frockstarvintage

Rufus@frockstarvintage Well-Known Member

Re: the stain -- it's not a big deal but some baking soda/peroxide/Dawn detergent should wipe it right out - just make a paste using those ingredients, work it into the fabric with a toothbrush, leave it for a couple hours and rinse. OR simply photo & disclose.

Flashback likes this.
  7. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

My gut says there is a market for these !! I remember the madras craze very well....

Bakersgma likes this.
  8. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

There will always be a market for crazy golf pants.

9. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Thank you ALL for your WONDERFUL INPUT!!!! That helps a LOT!!! We’re trying to at least thin out what’s in the closets and old linens (NOT antique stuff!!) About 2” of hem hand stitched up!! The zipper doesn’t react to a small magnet, but it sure looks metal…..will try with another when we get home!!!

10. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

It could easily be brass; the good ones were.

11. Northern Lights Lodge

Northern Lights Lodge Well-Known Member

LOL... they would make a great Halloween costume... think the Scarecrow from the Wiz of Oz!
    Leslie

Draft saved Draft deleted