Need help identifying a bird wall hanger...

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Jackmomma, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Jackmomma

Jackmomma New Member

[​IMG]
    Hello! Sorry for the vague topic title, not sure what else to call it... Anywho, I found this for my mom at an antique store for a Christmas gift. Supposedly it’s vintage but I can’t find anything about it. Looks like someone badly painted eyes on it but should be easily removable. There’s no marks, names or symbols on it sadly. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you. -Jack

judy likes this.
  2. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

If you search on eBay for vintage parakeet wall pocket/hanging you will find several that are similiar. The eyes are original, so please leave them alone.

3. necollectors

necollectors Well-Known Member

PLEASE...don't fix the eyes! THAT'S how they are! can we see the back? any Markings?

4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

65B4A9E4-834E-40E3-A93A-E3F1204543EF.jpeg Welcome to the Forum, Jackmomma! :)

As far as the eyes, the Beatles said it best! :hilarious:

5. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

I agree! I do understand how you feel about their appearance though and have always felt similarly. Most have already been washed off, it's not hard to accidentally wash paint off of ceramics in the sink or dishwasher. Washing original paint off will lower the value of the piece.

It's very nice, does it have a hole in it? Is it a wall pocket, or just a parakeet wall hanging?

6. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

WELCOME Jackmomma !!! ... Joy. :)

i need help likes this.
  7. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Hi Jackmomma!

Welcome to Antiquers.............

Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  8. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

9. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    What wonderful gift. I love those parakeet hangers.
    greg

Christmasjoy and Bakersgma like this.
  10. Jackmomma

Jackmomma New Member

It amazes me how knowledgeable you all are. Thank you! I won’t touch the eyes
    :) here are some more photos that were requested. -Jack
    C3646439-D210-467F-9F73-01E7D8C4205E.jpeg
    7DF7E987-3A78-440B-A7FB-F74C425D2A41.jpeg

Draft saved Draft deleted