Need help identifying a lamp

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by marym1, Feb 17, 2019.

1. marym1

marym1 New Member

hello. My name is Mary. I collect glass and pottery. Not everything I see but things I fall in love with. My style is mid century modern. I recently picked up a lamp at an estate sale and need help identifying it. I hope somebody will be able to give me some info. I have researched for awhile now. It is 27 inches tall and 9 at widest point. The base is painted wood. I have added more pictures. 366D6917-0341-43F7-831A-5852F7A4D64F.jpeg 92841FEF-7029-471C-ABC1-8CF8A22A5085.jpeg 28986093-DF40-4BEB-8F49-987960D90FB9.jpeg 40D2FE87-CB55-4DD9-8215-065E7C41EEBC.jpeg 13353B1F-105D-4FFD-BC82-0FE988709F82.jpeg There are no markings

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

greetings.....
    no markings...but we still need to see the base......
    & maybe...if u start a new thread on the POTTERY FORUM....more folks'll see it too !!;);)

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  3. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Christmasjoy likes this.
  4. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

WELCOME Mary !!! ... Joy. :)

i need help likes this.
  5. marym1

marym1 New Member

New pics have been added

i need help and Christmasjoy like this.
  6. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

You may find marks on the pottery if you take it apart, but, again, you may not.

marym1, i need help and Christmasjoy like this.
  7. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Welcome Mary. Cool vintage lamp, great colors.

I've seen this style called "drip glaze", whether correct or not, that term pulls up a number of similar lamps on Ebay and almost all are from unknown makers. I don't think this one is Italian.

As janetpjohn said, may or may not have mark underneath. (I would guess probably not.)

Wondering if the base has been repainted more recently. It looks nice in either case.

marym1, i need help and Christmasjoy like this.
  8. marym1

marym1 New Member

Thanks!! I do know about drip glaze. I have had this for a pretty long time now and I don’t think it was ever repainted. It is the shape with the top part turning into the green drip I have never seen. Really hard to find. Actually thought it was Haeger the first time I saw it but the color and shape is wrong for Haeger. I think I will take off bottom and look for marks but I just don’t want to damage it. Either way I love it. Soo my mid century modern style.

judy likes this.
  9. patd8643

patd8643 Well-Known Member

Chinese double form.
    Patd

judy likes this.
  10. marym1

marym1 New Member

Thanks. I’ll check that out. But I really don’t think it is Chinese.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    judy likes this.
  11. marym1

marym1 New Member

I do not see anything like mine under Chinese besides they have double gourd shape. Do you have a link or pic of that?

judy likes this.
  12. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

What is a really long time to you?
    The base doesn't look like a mid century base, unless it was repainted. I would think that it would have been brass.

What does the cord and plug look like?

My own opinion - mid to late 1990s to early 2000s.

13. marym1

marym1 New Member

Painted vase is why I thought Haeger originally. I have had 18 years ( got when I moved in my preasant home). I bought from estate sale so don’t know how long they had for. I will take pic of cord when I get home this evening

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
  14. patd8643

patd8643 Well-Known Member

I don't think it is Chinese either, just the double gourd form.
    Patd

judy likes this.
  15. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

I do think this pretty recent and Chinese. That crystalline glaze is telling, as are the modern lamp parts. Didn't start seeing these black plastic sockets until the 90s.

16. marym1

marym1 New Member

Thanks. Good to keep learning!!

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted