Need Help Identifying a Lamp

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Handcd, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Handcd

Handcd New Member

My Uncle left me what I believe to be a china Lamp. The Lampshade is heavy and probably 1/4" thick. It rings for a long time when struck. The base is very heavy. I know he purchased it in New York in 1983 and paid a lot for it, not sure how much. He purchased the lamp and some Laulic Crystal and it was enough that they threw in a Minolta X7000 Camera for me at no cost, so he paid a lot.

I can find no stamping or identifying marks on the base or the lamp shade, so any help would be appretiated. DSC_4795.jpg

2. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Wow, it's very pretty, hard to see but it looks like cut glass. The photo doesn't show enough detail, please post up more, give the size, show the bottoms of all things. Members collect lamps and glass, someone who knows more than I do will stop by. Thanks and welcome to Antiquers! :cat:

3. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

(Laulic=Lalique)

Lamp might be Val st Lambert although Bohemian glass comes to mind too ..

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
    cxgirl, judy, i need help and 2 others like this.
  4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

It's cut to clear glass. No wonder it's heavy. Most of the good stuff came out of Czechoslovakia - Czech Republic these days, Bohemia back when it was part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire.

5. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

6. patd8643

patd8643 Well-Known Member

Brass base looks the same.

judy and i need help like this.
  7. Handcd

Handcd New Member

8. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Hi Handcd!

Welcome to Antiquers.............