Need help identifying a signature

Discussion in 'Art' started by Eliakiim, Mar 21, 2022.

1. Eliakiim

Eliakiim New Member

Hello, I found this painting and am curious about the artist. I’ve attached the signature for a viewing. The frame is American style with spacers, but is a picture of notre dame with horse drawn carriages

Attached Files:

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

A painting of Notre Dame with horse drawn carriages is almost sure to be a mid-century decorative painting, in which case, the name of the artist is of no import. But please, now and in the future... Post a photograph of the entire work from front and back including frame along with the close-up of the signature. Also post close-ups of any labels, stickers and handwritten notations. All photographs should be posted as Full Image (instead of Thumbnail) which is the other option when you click on Upload a File. (That makes them easier for everyone to see.) I've taken the liberty of reposting the signature for you.

Debora

100AA7B4-9605-4309-8C91-A28918F06898.jpg

Figtree3 likes this.
  3. Eliakiim

Eliakiim New Member

Thanks for the help! I’ve 7B01D0C6-5A4C-49BF-AEAC-8D8BA2EF2756.jpeg 3ECF10BC-57DC-4512-9EFD-75320297505E.jpeg Thanks for the help! I’ve added front and back. Wondering on the value if signature isn’t significant

4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

If decorative, value would be minimal. In the "just a pretty picture" range. I suspect not a period painting because the women appear to be wearing 1920s clothing which means the carriages should be cars.

Debora

Last edited: Mar 21, 2022
  5. Eliakiim

Eliakiim New Member

Draft saved Draft deleted