Need help identifying a skeleton key

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by VickyRenee, Jun 25, 2019.

1. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

My personal favorite. Nothing worse than a clean, neat, and tidy estate sale.

Bronwen and VickyRenee like this.
  2. VickyRenee

VickyRenee Active Member

I agree!!!
    :happy:

Bronwen and sabre123 like this.
  3. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Agree completely. You have some old interesting keys in that lot.

4. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Yep, they fit those locks with a little rod in the center of the keyhole. I have a bunch after trying the key that fits an antique lap desk with another one, being delighted, after taking the precaution of not experimenting with the lid closed, at finding it worked just fine at moving the lock of the second box to the closed position, only to discover it would not unlock it again. Assumed it was the key, so bought a number of others blindly with no luck. Finally took it to a locksmith, who declared the lock broken. End of story.

I have a few other non-barrel little keys I found among my mother's things. Each had a loop of yarn attached, so knew she had used them as ornaments

5. VickyRenee

VickyRenee Active Member

Oh dang.....that's too bad!
    I do enjoy hearing about the keys!
    Maybe I should take a better picture of all of them and post a new thread getting advice on them.

Figtree3, Bronwen and Michael77 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted