Featured Need help identifying age of candelabra

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Abbi, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Abbi

Abbi New Member

20190314_191457.jpg 20190314_191521.jpg received_3172441759448746.jpeg Hello!
    I just purchased this candelabra today and was told it was brass and from the late 1800s. I've tried some simple googling and haven't found any info on it and was wondering if you could help! I can't understand the stamp on the bottom at all either.
    Each piece seems to unscrew from the others I noticed. It's also pretty heavy. Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    judy, Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

3. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

WELCOME Abbi !!! ... Joy. :)

judy, Abbi and i need help like this.
  4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

It just says "Registered." Likely of Spanish manufacture. (That kind of brass ware has been and is popular in Spain.) And very possibly much more recent than the late 1800s.

Debora

Fid, Abbi, Christmasjoy and 1 other person like this.
  5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

why did someone jam a perfume bottle top into one of the candle holders..? :wideyed::wacky::wacky::wacky:

NewEngland, judy, Abbi and 2 others like this.
  6. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

I was going to ask about that too Komo ... why ??? ... Joy.

NewEngland, judy, Abbi and 1 other person like this.
  7. Shangas

Shangas Underage Antiques Collector and Historian

Perhaps the candelight reflects off of it and looks pretty? Although I think its a pretty silly thing to do.

NewEngland, judy, Abbi and 1 other person like this.
  8. Abbi

Abbi New Member

Yea it's pretty, I don't mind it since I don't plan on reselling it, I would prefer it to be more authentic to how it was originally but oh well. It seems to be almost cemented in or something, I scratch what it is and it feels a bit like stone or grout. When I unscrew it from the base and look inside it, I see paper shoved in there.

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted