Featured NEED HELP IDENTIFYING: Antique Jointed Mohair Teddy Bear

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by beachgirl24, Mar 13, 2024.

1. beachgirl24

beachgirl24 New Member

Hi, I would love it if somebody could identify this bear.

It is 10 inches long. Feels like it's stuffed with straw. Fully jointed. There is a hole in the back of one of its ears. Unsure if it's a Steiff or something else. IMG_7885.jpg IMG_7887.jpg IMG_7886 (1).jpg IMG_7888 (1).jpg

Thank you so much in advance.

2. wlwhittier

wlwhittier Well-Known Member

Looks like she needs a hug! Cuddle up!

Marote, kyratango and beachgirl24 like this.
  3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

The nose is SO dark, I couldn't see if it's one of theirs (Steiff) or not,
    but 'he/she' sure is adorable!!! But this person should know....she deals in selling the vintage ones!!!

Website is: https://www.mysteifflife.com/ which you can check out, as well as email and phone below! Good luck and WELCOME to ANTIQUERS! I sold the last of my collection with her.....she's been doing it for YEARS!!

steifflife@gmail.com
    617-955-7215

Last edited: Mar 13, 2024
    sabre123, Marote, Any Jewelry and 3 others like this.
  4. wlwhittier

What makes you so sure?
    Seems after all this time she's in a bit of disarray, as ladies in their dotage sometimes are. Guys seldom make it that long...just sayin'...

Marote and kyratango like this.
  5. Aquitaine

:joyful:Smarty pants!!!! I just edited the 'sex' (whichever IT is) so I'd be "politically correct"!!!:):hilarious::D

6. wlwhittier

Ye Gods an' little fishhooks! I'll never call for PC, in any context...sorry. The look on her face reminds me of an old GF, after I'd spoken some sexist bs. But that was long ago...I'm not like that anymore, at all...honestly, Ladies!

johnnycb09 and kyratango like this.
  7. beachgirl24

beachgirl24 New Member

Thank you so much. I actually reached out a while back and didn't hear anything, but maybe I will try again. Maybe inundated with emails. Thanks again for your help.

8. Aquitaine

Do the email and send her the pictures....she does do and handle quite a lot!!!

johnnycb09, kyratango and beachgirl24 like this.
  9. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Not in the front? The Steiff button is always on the front of the ear.

I may not be seeing it right, but it doesn't seem to have a hump. Steiff bears have a small hump just below the neck.

10. beachgirl24

beachgirl24 New Member

Thank you so much for the information. You’re right about both. It’s a total mystery.

johnnycb09 and Any Jewelry like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted