Featured Need help identifying glasses/decanter

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Paul Davison, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Paul Davison

Paul Davison New Member

Good morning. I would like your assistance on identifying some wine glasses and decanter set. My mother received these as a gift from her father many (MANY) years ago. We do not know where he got these from nor do we know the cost.

There are six blue glasses with a gold lace trim around the side. Each of the glass stems is clear except for a ring of gold along the bottom of each glass. The glasses stand 6 1/2” tall.

The decanter is a large piece. We do have the stopper for it (not pictured); however, the top 1/4 inch unfortunately got broken off.

We're trying to find out who made these glasses and get an idea of how much they are worth.

Thank you so much for your help on this.

Paul
    IMG_0954.jpg IMG_0955.jpg IMG_0957.jpg IMG_0958.jpg

2. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Very pretty. I love the teal color.

3. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

These remind me of Bohemian glass, not sure this set is old enough though.
    I think someone who knows more about Bohemian glass can come weigh in, please.

i need help and pearlsnblume like this.
  4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome Paul, love the set. I get an Italian vibe, maybe @Ownedbybear recognizes it.
    The Bohemians are still making glass, even though the country is called Czechia now. (Czechia is Bohemia & Moravia) But I agree, this set is not antique.:)

i need help and judy like this.
  5. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Yes this is Italian

i need help likes this.
  6. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

i need help and trip98 like this.
  7. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

That decanter shape is very typically Italian as is the handle. I'd think made in Empoli.

patd8643, i need help and Any Jewelry like this.
  8. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I have slightly similar stuff here that my parents got when we visited Italy in the 1970's or 1980's. How it made it back in one piece to the states was a miracle.

i need help and trip98 like this.
  9. Paul Davison

Paul Davison New Member

Thank you all for your replies. I've got more information today than I had before and you've provided some direction in trying to determine the origin.

Thank you so much.

10. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

The decoration is reminiscent of Moser's wares from the 1920's on.

pearlsnblume likes this.
  11. Tori White

Tori White New Member

Absolutely gorgeous!

Draft saved Draft deleted