need help identifying Mission era pottery vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by iceet, Jun 4, 2019.

1. iceet

iceet New Member

can someone help identifying this mission swirl pottery vase? it is marked what looks like "SD" or "SC" and signed WGW '17.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

upload_2019-6-4_22-3-8.png

I think this is upside down.
    TDS? DST? DTS?

i need help likes this.
  3. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Just wondering, how do you date it as Mission era? You didn't mention the items history. Or could it possibly be 2017?

i need help likes this.
  4. iceet

iceet New Member

i think it is similar looking to Niloak missionware pottery and would be about the same age if it is 1917. No idea about item's history, i picked it up at an estate sale recently, the orig. owner had alot of other old glassware and stoneware so i assumed it to be old.

i need help and anundverkaufen like this.
  5. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Thank you, I was not familiar with Niloak missionware pottery :)

i need help likes this.
  6. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Have not seen this mark before and the pottery is a bit different than most swirled clay pieces seen. Wonder if this might be a student piece with the center mark representing a school affiliation.

7. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

The possibility of a school affiliation was my guess also, maybe ISC for Iowa State College, though I haven’t seen that mark before or swirl pottery from there.

Figtree3, Bakersgma and i need help like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted