Need Help Identifying Table

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by BenQ, Feb 19, 2022.

1. BenQ

BenQ New Member

Recently picked up this table at an estate sale. It's wired for 220 volt bulbs and considering rewiring for 110v. Before doing so, I want to make sure I'm not going to devalue something that might be worth something. It does not have a maker's mark or any label. 20220219_185925.jpg 20220219_185830.jpg 20220219_185830.jpg

Attached Files:

judy likes this.
  2. Jeff Drum

Jeff Drum Well-Known Member

I highly doubt this is wired for 220v. But feel free to rewire as needed, there is no value other than as a working lamp.

I suspect this might have a Mogul bulb which you are confusing with 220v. The easiest way to make a Mogul lamp work with standard size screw on bulbs is to buy a screw in adapter, then no change in wiring is needed. These are easy to find on eBay, Amazon, etc.

judy and BenQ like this.
  3. BenQ

BenQ New Member

Please see photo of socket.

Attached Files:

judy likes this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

250 volt...... that's different

judy likes this.
  5. Jeff Drum

Jeff Drum Well-Known Member

That is the UL certification: up to 250v and 750watts. All UL testing for normal home sockets is tested at that level - check any other UL certified lamp. That just shows it is safe at that level, not that it is meant to be USED at that level. If you check other bulb sockets you will see the same. And it is a 3 way bulb, meaning two filaments that are turned on separately or together to get different light levels.

You can use a normal bulb in a three way socket, you just won’t get the different light levels you get from a three way bulb. But you can still buy 3 way bulbs, they are just more expensive.

You didn’t say size of the socket; if it is too big for a normal bulb, then it is a Mogul bulb and again you can buy a new Mogul bulb, but they are expensive so a cheaper alternative is to buy one of the adapters I talked about earlier.

P.s. The way to be confirm this is to show the other end of the cord that plugs into the wall.

6. BenQ

BenQ New Member

Thanks Jeff for the well thought-out replies. I appreciate the guidance and it makes sense.

Any idea if the table has any value to it?

Draft saved Draft deleted