Featured Need HELP identifying the larger vase please

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Jr85, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Jr85

Jr85 New Member

2. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

I'm no help with the vase, but that picture of BB and Lucille is FINE!

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Hi Jr! Glad you got this thread started. Now you need to share what you DO know - dimensions, where you got it, why you suspect it was made by Whitefriars.

A photo of the bottom will also help (Glassies and potties always want to see the bottom even if there are no obvious marks.)

Jr85 and yourturntoloveit like this.
  4. Jr85

Jr85 New Member

Brill
    Ha-ha I think so myself such a strong image of BB and Lucille !! Thanks!?

5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Neither of those are Whitefriars. The bubbles are all wrong, as are the colours and the lobing. I suspect they're Italian made. (I own about 400 pieces of Whitefriars!)

desperate_fun and Jr85 like this.
  6. Jr85

Jr85 New Member

Thanks for the info as I said I'm a novice in this area is the small one fits all the measurements of the medium lobed vase again im a novice so any information would be great thanks

7. Ownedbybear

Can you get some better photos of the medium one, with the base, and I'll say more on what it's not. Ideally, against a light background.

Jr85 likes this.
  8. Jr85

Jr85 New Member

Leave it with me many thanks!!

9. Jr85

Jr85 New Member

10. Jr85

Jr85 New Member

11. Jr85

Jr85 New Member

12. Jr85

Jr85 New Member

13. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Unless I missed it before, a HUGE WELCOME Jr85!!!!! You are bound to LOVE it here!!!!! Fun and informative!!!

Jr85 likes this.
  14. fenton

fenton Well-Known Member

Erickson made a lot of glass with controlled bubbles.

Jr85 likes this.
  15. Ownedbybear

OK, not Whitefriars. The colour is all wrong, as I thought. The bubbles are way too small and the pattern isn't spiral which is how a WF one would look. The base is wrong, too. A WF base would be neatly sliced, for want of a better word, with a nicely polished indented pontil. You wouldn't get those sort of extra indents. I'm still inclined to Italian - those are more like the bullicante type of controlled bubbles.

Jr85 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted