Need help identifying this coffee set

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Midnightsapphire, Apr 30, 2023.

1. Midnightsapphire

Midnightsapphire New Member

Hi all.
    I'm new to this so apologies if I'm in the wrong section.

I have this set that I am trying to identify. I believe it is a 'coffee' set with 1 cup, 1 saucer and 1 pot. It has no design I can use to googled but has a high gloss/varnish.

The only real identifier of the set is the stamp on the base of each piece, but I am having no luck finding it.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you

Attached Files:

2. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Looks like post war luster ware to me. The "Foreign" designation referred to former enemies where naming the name might be detrimental to sales.

00b.jpg

00c.jpg

00d.jpg

Could be German, or Japanese. I favor Japanese because it's odd having what looks like a plain shield with an overstamp. Makes it look like they wanted the overstamp to be easily interchangeable.

3. Midnightsapphire

Thank you moreotherstuff, that gives me some direction to look into.

Also thank you for putting the pictures up. For some reason i couldn't get them to show, no matter what i did.

moreotherstuff likes this.
  4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

There is one thing about this interesting set that makes me think it's for tea and not coffee. There doesn't appear to be a handle on the cup. It may be that the manufacturer didn't realize there was a difference.

Figtree3 and komokwa like this.
  5. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

I wonder if the handle-less "cup" is actually an open sugar bowl.

Figtree3, kentworld and komokwa like this.
  6. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Rontgen's book of marks has it as Schneider & Co I think.

upload_2023-4-30_11-43-13.png

Attached Files:

Born2it, Figtree3, kentworld and 3 others like this.
  7. Midnightsapphire

Thank you all. Schneider & Co it is! While i can't find an exact match of the set, it is definitely their style. Also i believe you are right that it is a sugar bowl as the have very simple open sugar bowls like this in their sets.

Draft saved Draft deleted