Need help Identifying this lamp

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Chris Crawford, May 1, 2024.

1. Chris Crawford

Chris Crawford New Member

image0.jpeg image2.jpeg
    I am hoping someone can help me identify information about this lamp that I got from my dad.
    What I am looking for is:

1. How old is it?
    2. What style is it?
    3. Where would I go to get an authentic burner for it?

Attached Files:

Figtree3 and Bronwen like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

3. Roaring20s

Roaring20s Well-Known Member

4. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

I would call this a Victorian parlor lamp, circa late 1800s. They were still making these up to about 1920.

As Komo mentioned, you're missing the top globe and a chimney...and you'd have better odds hitting the lottery than locating the matching globe in the wild.

You could look for a milk glass globe for it or some solid light neutral color. You'd need to be sure to get a burner with a gallery to accommodate whatever type of shade you should choose. i.e., globe with a 2-1/4" fitter, you'd need a matching gallery to secure the globe. In the following, the chimney would be held by the inner fitter and the globe would sit on the gallery:

3965-2995hinkb.jpg

Figtree3 and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted