Need help on ID'ing a old brass nozzle

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by Noah Tye, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Noah Tye

Noah Tye New Member

Hello antiquers community,

I've been chasing a brass nozzle for sometime, trying to see different makes and models to match its characteristics; haven't had much success.

It's from the 1960's or 70's I believe, or atleast that's when the photos were taken. Paired with it, a part I was able to identify (the white/silverish rod mounted with that the red wire attaches to), which is a electrode for a gas oven.

I've speculated it's part of a propane torch, or some welding tool that gives out fumes so the electrode can spark and ignite the vapor

received_302787057189766.jpeg received_297165817742045.jpeg received_725821317758157.jpeg received_1108588902639235.jpeg

I wish I knew more, really. It looks very similar to a more modern Megacrimp hydraulic hose coupling; just more narrow.

[​IMG]

If there is anything else you notice that you may recognize, like the " 8 " shaped looking mounts they feed through, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advanced for your time and I look forward to discussing this further with more than two eyes!

- Noah

Christmasjoy and Joshua Brown like this.
  2. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  3. Jeff Drum

Jeff Drum Well-Known Member

Sorry but I have to ask (you don't have to answer). It sounds like you don't have this in your possession but only have some old (highly magnified) photos. What led you to try to figure out what this is - is it from an old family photo or ???