Need help to ID Asian storage Pot enclosed with only a slot in top

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by RobS, Aug 8, 2020.

1. RobS

RobS Member

I need help to ID a pottery piece with large slot in top like a coin bank. There's a solemn image of two people molded into the top. It appears to be of Asian origin. I haven't been able to find anything online pointing me to a direction of what was it's intended purpose, it's origin or age if any . Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

potterybank1.jpg potterybank2.jpg

2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I think its exactly what you said,a bank . It has a look of more modern studio pottery to me,those figures look contemporary . But Im often wrong . :)

i need help and blooey like this.
  3. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

I was thinking something to do with prayers, and then I realized it's a customer suggestion box. They go in and never come out.

4. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

i need help likes this.
  5. JayBee

JayBee Well-Known Member

"Piggy-drum" bank. These are common in Macao and Hong Kong. I used to have some. Just loved the shape and they come in a variety of sizes and glazes.

Draft saved Draft deleted