Need Help to ID - No Marks

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by DiggingIn, Mar 21, 2018.

1. DiggingIn

DiggingIn New Member

Hey everyone,

I am having trouble identifying where this tea set came from due to the lack of marks. These pictures do not do justice to the tea set (data size restriction hurts). The coloring is extremely vibrant and the gold color actually reflects when light hits it. Any thoughts on the origin, time frame, and value?

I am not an avid antiquer but could use some help from you all! Thanks in advance! tea.jpg tea4.jpg tea2.jpg tea3.jpg

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  2. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Looks very typical for Japanese or Nippon from the turn of the century 1890s to the 1920s.
    greg

judy, Any Jewelry, aaroncab and 3 others like this.
  3. DiggingIn

DiggingIn New Member

Okay great! Thanks for the help! After searching Nippon it looks very similar. I assume this era isn't very rare meaning not much value.

judy likes this.
  4. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hi Diggingin - actually cobalt Nippon can do quite well. Condition looks iffy on your set, though. Missing sugar lid, broken teapot finial will hurt value considerably.
    Don

judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  5. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi and WELCOME, Diggingin!! Pretty set!!! Wouldn't it be nice if you could find the lid to the sugar bowl on Replacements.com ! :):)

Houseful, judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, Diggingin.

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted