Need Help w/Artist name of Japanese Woodblocks Please + Info on Pen & Ink

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Apr 8, 2021.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

Hi all
    I am sorry for posting another art piece; I bought more today & I tried to find out about them - but I can't.
    The first is a pair of woodblock prints? (I think) and look like the signature says: Kiyosh Santo?
    The 2nd is (again I think) a pen & ink signed Alan '71.

I understand if the pen & ink is a weekend artist; the faces are ... not pretty, but I've been surprised before and the only way I'll know if it's by anyone known is from this forum.

I'm more hopeful on the 2 woodblock prints(?) - does anyone recognize the artist's name?

As always I am grateful for your help - it is appreciated.

ART PRINT WOODBLOCK SANTOS 1AA.JPG ART PRINT WOODBLOCK SANTOS 2AA.JPG ART PRINT WOODBLOCK SANTOS 2AAA.JPG ART PRINT WOODBLOCK SANTOS 2BAA.JPG ART PRINT WOODBLOCK SANTOS 4AA.JPG ART PRINT WOODBLOCK SANTOS 4AAA.JPG ART PRINT WOODBLOCK SANTOS 4BAA.JPG ART PRINT ALAN WOMAN & CHILD 1AA.JPG ART PRINT ALAN WOMAN & CHILD 2AA.JPG ART PRINT ALAN WOMAN & CHILD 3AA.JPG

judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

KIYOSHI SAITO

Lucille.b, anundverkaufen and judy like this.
  3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

The other looks like Alan '71. The artist used a line from the drawing to create the first stroke of his A.

Debora

4. i need help

5. Lithographer

Lithographer Well-Known Member

The Kiyoshi Saito woodblocks are a great find, I am jealous!

6. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

Thank you I need help - again!
    Debora do you think drawing is nothing special? Because I may sell a bunch for $5 each at my yard sale tomorrow just to try to reduce the piles a little!
    And thank you lithographer - I felt better about them than I did the drawing!

7. i need help

Journey will you photograph the back side of the Alan work, please?

Debora likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted