Featured Need Help with a Milk Glass Pedestal Fruit Bowl

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by ola402, Oct 2, 2019.

1. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

I thought this was Fenton when I bought it, but looked in my book later and it's not at all like Fenton. Since then, I've checked Challinor Taylor, Atterbury, Fostoria, also checked the EAPGS web site. Have done multiple web searches and just can't find it at all.

It measures 10 1/2" in diameter and 7 3/4" high. The foot appears to be a daisy and button pattern, as you go up the stem, it changes to cross cut buttons, The underside of the bowl goes back to daisy and button again and the buttons are a different depth from the daisies. Very intricate pattern. I just love it and hope that someone has seen it. TIA!!

DSCF4848.jpg
    DSCF4849.jpg DSCF4851.jpg DSCF4852.jpg DSCF4854.jpg DSCF4855.jpg

2. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

No marks? Look in the middle of the bowl and on the underside. I wonder if it is Westmoreland?

3. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

4. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

5. Marie Forjan

Sweet! TallCakes does it again :)

6. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Toward the end of that photo array shown on the link, there was a blue one just like this milk glass version. I'm drooling, it's so pretty.

7. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

This compote is in great shape, EXCEPT it has a really large burst bubble on the underside of the base. So I'll probably have to keep it for myself, LOL!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  8. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Great photos. Pretty.

9. Marie Forjan

Hey, if it’s going to have a flaw, the underside of the base is the best place for it :)

scoutshouse, dgbjwc and pearlsnblume like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted