Featured Need Help with Bright Yellow Glass Covered Candy

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by ola402, May 1, 2020.

1. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking either Tiffin Glass or Imperial Glass. Tiffin for the weird yellow color that reminds me of their Canary or Old Gold. Imperial because of the finial and the older looking pattern. I'm thinking maybe a reproduction of an old clear pattern. Just haven't been able to nail it down. It measures 9 1/4" high and 9" across. It weighs a ton, 5 1/2 lbs. Does anyone know who made it or the pattern? TIA! P.S. I bought this with a cake stand of the exact same color that I was able to identify as Tiffin Glass Homestead pattern. That's why I'm leaning toward Tiffin.

DSCF6076.jpg DSCF6077.jpg DSCF6078.jpg DSCF6079.jpg DSCF6080.jpg DSCF6081.jpg DSCF6082.jpg

Last edited: May 1, 2020
  2. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

I would start here http://www.eapgs.org/patterns/ for your canary butter/covered bowl candy. Many makers made this style but few called them candies.

PortableTreasures likes this.
  3. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

I suspect you'll find this made in the 1970s (Amber and Avocado) possibly by one of the Indiana Companies.

4. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Ok, thanks, I'll give that a try. It likely isn't a candy but I don't know what it is so don't know what to call it. I did go through my Pattern Glass Reproductions book and couldn't find it there.

Yes, it definitely seems newer, but the pattern looks older. That's why I thought maybe it's a reproduction of something earlier. Unless you're in love with this color, it's kind of a dinosaur. And not likely to go with anyone's decor, although I sold the cake stand of the same color.

antidiem likes this.
  5. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

6. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

"R" has none in stock - is it possible to sell one to them? ;)

7. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Thanks TC! I never think to check on the R site unless it's a goblet. I seriously doubt that they would be interested in buying this one. It's kind of dated in a bad way (IMHO). LOL!

8. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

Replacements will make an offer or tell you no. There are hoops to jump through so read the terms closely.

9. LIbraryLady

LIbraryLady Well-Known Member

Wonderful photos.

10. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Thank you!

Draft saved Draft deleted