Need Help With Funny Little Parian Man

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Verrefou, Jul 27, 2022.

1. Verrefou

Verrefou Active Member

My mother-in-law gave me this little guy some years ago. She did not know what it was used for. It measures 6 inches long...paint is mostly gone. No marks. Thank you! DSC09351 (2).JPG

NewEngland likes this.
  2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I found a few online saying Schafer and Vater called the Long Legged Scotsman match holder.

I don't know if that is correct or not.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  3. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

I'd say a Spill Vase or matches.

4. Verrefou

Verrefou Active Member

Thanks...that will give me some place to start! I thought maybe a match holder to but don't know enough about them.....I appreciate the input!

5. Verrefou

Verrefou Active Member

Thank you for your help....that seems likely!

6. Verrefou

Verrefou Active Member

I just found it online....you are absolutely correct. It had very nice bright painted colors at one time, but this was "matches" :joyful: the one at the Schafer site exactly.
    Thank you!!

say_it_slowly and Any Jewelry like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted