Need help with Krister KPM Poland Plate

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Crystalina, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Crystalina

Crystalina Active Member

Can anyone tell me where I can find patterns for KPM Poland, especially ones with little girls and teddy bears?
    This plate made between 1945 and 1952 (based on hallmark) is just beautiful, but I can't find it anywhere and need a place to search for patterns.
    The plate is #69, although very hard to see in the pic.
    Measuring 6.875" across and features a scalloped rim with amber color on the outside edge, also embossed scroll design on the edge. Above the girls head is a teddy bear, to her right is a teddy bear in a towel after being bathed and to her left is the wash tub she used.
    The center motif is a little blonde girl washing her dolly in a tub on a small rectangular stool, to the left is a hairbrush, tiny shoes and a hat for the doll I assume. To her right is a teddy bear in a towel.
    I have been searching for this pattern for months, no luck.
    Would greatly appreciate if someone has any idea where I need to look as there has to be something out there and I'm just not able to find it. res kpm pol 1.jpg res kpm pol 2.jpg res kpm pol 3.jpg res kpm pol 4.jpg

judy likes this.
  2. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Is the decoration under the glaze or over? It's always possible that the plate was decorated by a third party.

judy likes this.
  3. Crystalina

Crystalina Active Member

It's under the glaze

judy likes this.
  4. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Just a bit of trivia, hallmarks are only on metal to state fineness (sterling silver, 14k gold, etc.). On ceramics it is just called a mark :)

5. Crystalina

Crystalina Active Member

Thank you for the clarification. :)

judy likes this.
  6. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I doubt very much it had a pattern name. It's possible it was part of a child's set with different chores pictured for different days of the week. Or it may have had a bowl and mug that accompanied it with the same decals. Either way formal pattern names were rarely issued for these types of sets.

judy, i need help and Crystalina like this.
  7. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

it will be very hard to find a name for the set IF it was invented after 1945 under Polish administration because everything German was understandably thrown away.
    nonetheless it looks somehow "western" with the teddybears, so maybe someone knows anything about Carl Krister or simply Waldenburger Porzellan.

Crystalina and judy like this.
  8. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted