Need info about my vases

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Traci R Brock, Jun 18, 2023.

1. Traci R Brock

Traci R Brock New Member

I recently was given this set of vases & would like some specific info about them. I find vases that are similar online. But nothing that is exactly like them. I have found nothing that is similar to the taller & slender one. I believe they are referred to as Czech Bohemian glass & outside of that, I know nothing. Interested in knowing the era they were made, the artist & of course the value of them. Can anyone tell me or point me in the direction of someone who could tell me more please?

Attached Files:

2. Roaring20s

Roaring20s Well-Known Member

3. Traci R Brock

Traci R Brock New Member

Referencing the Chairish link: Most definitely is similar. The painted florals & gold gilding is slightly different. And I have still not found anything that is even similar to the taller and more slender one I have. Matter of fact, I don't find any that are paired sets.

4. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

This one of similar shape has some info from the seller on possible makers that might be a direction to look. There are differences. They say theirs is alexandrite (changes colors in different lighting)

upload_2023-6-19_2-46-42.png

https://poshmark.com/listing/Alexan...namel-Bohemian-Glass-62967a4b180136dfeba70b9b

About their vase:
    "I emailed moser glass and this is what they said. It is also densely shaped, gilded with enamels and the painted scene is from the painter Jean-Antoine Watteau. We believe that the vase is a product of the Egermann Nový Bor glassworks or some Crystalex glassworks."

Figtree3 and Any Jewelry like this.
  5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I’d think spot on with Egermann or another Crystalex. I’ve seen boxed pieces.

Figtree3 and Any Jewelry like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted