Need information about Manufacture and age

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Mihaly Bohacs, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Mihaly Bohacs

Mihaly Bohacs New Member

Hi All, I have little knowledge of porcelain and wonder if anyone can tell me who and when made this 15cm saucer which I have had find in local flea mark. Thank you.

52698780_314820329386614_8251427431760527360_n.jpg 52893301_365383317615413_5590823856223813632_n.jpg

Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, Mihaly.
    I made them full image for you, so everyone can see them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Mihaly Bohacs

Mihaly Bohacs New Member

Hi Any, thanks a lot! :) looks much better

4. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Hi and welcome!

It's an Imari type pattern. The mark is a "belt" mark but it doesn't quite look right to me. Usually there is some maker info, initials or something. Unfortunately Imari and Gaudy type patterns have been faked/reproduced and I'm wondering if this is one. I don't know for certain so maybe someone else will have a better idea.

5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

6. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Looks ok for age/English to me. Let me have a thunk about who dunnit.

Any Jewelry, Mihaly Bohacs and judy like this.
  7. Mihaly Bohacs

Mihaly Bohacs New Member

I assume this is made by C J Mason (The same factory who produced Mason's Ironstone) around 1830 if it is realy old-English. But as I mentioned this is not really my area just assuming and searching via net.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  8. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Looks Like pottery to me rather than porcelain. I don’t think fake, but maybe one of the many Staffordshire factories in the last third of 19th c.

Mihaly Bohacs and Any Jewelry like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted