Need some help Henry H Parker

Discussion in 'Art' started by Matthew m, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Matthew m

Matthew m New Member

Hello had this painting for many years 40+ in the family i believe it to be a authentic painting . Just wanted to see if anyone had anymore info or value wise . I know it’s by Henry H parker and it’s called
    A Farm Boy Watering Horses at a Brook
    i do have an original photo but it says file to large to upload

Attached Files:

2. Matthew m

Matthew m New Member

Managed to upload it had to re size it

Attached Files:

judy likes this.
  3. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

4. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

judy likes this.
  5. Matthew m

Matthew m New Member

Heres a photo of the signature laura

Attached Files:

judy likes this.
  6. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

7. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi and WELCOME to ANTIQUERS, Matthew!! It looks like a beautiful painting!! Do you keep it in that dark a room?? And have you, yourself done any research on the painting? Also, can you give its dimensions, thank you!

If you do a Google search, you will see many of his very nice paintings come up with asking prices shown......a British painter from 1858 to 1930....from what I'm seeing it looks like he worked mostly in oils....

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    judy likes this.
  8. Matthew m

Matthew m New Member

Hello thank you , yeah it has always been kept in a dark room loft space. I have had a look online for details on the painting but all i keep finding is copys of this painting not one like it. I would say a rough guess 3ft length x1.5ft width . Many thanks matt

judy likes this.
  9. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Are you sure yours is a painting and not a print? I ask because it's odd it would be so widely reproduced when the original is in your family's hands. Also, I would expect the original to look more like this.

Debora

71k+QLL0sqL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Tanya likes this.
  10. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

I want to have a closer look to see if this is a print. The close up of the signature seems to have some suspicious texture to it that does not correspond to the original brush-strokes. A few close-ups of some of the painting in places where there is texture are in order.

Debora likes this.
  11. Matthew m

Matthew m New Member

I shall take some more photos tomorrow of the painting to check . It may be a print hence why i was asking on here for some guidance but i’ll get plenty of photos tomorrow to try find out more info

Tanya likes this.
  12. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

If you can take the photo in raking light - it will help determine whether there are brush strokes or imitation.

13. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

Try and provide photos of the back and the front in raking light as Laura suggests, please Matthew. These artworks were sometimes printed on canvas though to give the impression of an original painting.

14. I have a very large version of this too, in a golden frame! It's canvas, but has a slightly shiny finish but I can see raised markings in areas which go in line with the trees so I'm not sure what's going on with it!? I'm going to assume its a printed, but the fact its canvas, nailed (not stapled) to a lovely frame and has a few raised marks makes me wonder "could it be....!?" Haha!

15. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

"could it be....!?".....perhaps a Giclee..

16. SecretP

SecretP New Member

I also have one. I don't know how to share a image to show you. But it looks nice and it's also in a golden frame

17. SecretP

SecretP New Member

If you cannot see it has some shine in the clouds and it has a nice texture :)

Attached Files:

18. SecretP

SecretP New Member

20210704_233349.jpg I'll post the signature also

19. SecretP

SecretP New Member

20210704_233807.jpg Signature also it's kinda hard to get a good shot of it. It's a bit faded also.

20. SecretP

SecretP New Member

I am just confused. There is something on the back however.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
Draft saved Draft deleted