Featured Need some help with a piece of Made in Finland art pottery.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by bercrystal, Feb 9, 2017.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

The green glaze of this piece really caught my eye, but I can't find anything like it with an on-line search. I didn't measure it but it about 8" to the side & about 6" across the top. Hopefully Brad will pop in because he is the first person I thought of & wished I had his phone number because I would have been sending pictures this afternoon. ;):happy::happy:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks for any & all advice or opinions!!! :kiss::kiss::kiss:

2. UncleChuckTX

UncleChuckTX Well-Known Member

Did you look for Arabia items? That text (font) seems to match a few of their inkstamps.

lauragarnet likes this.
  3. UncleChuckTX

I have a pdf file that has the Arabia marks history, but I can't figure out how to attach it to the board.

EDIT: If you can't view the PDF, let me know. I'll try to convert it to a photo file, and attach it that way. Or something else that will attach. :)

Attached Files:

lauragarnet likes this.
  4. UncleChuckTX

Converted, just in case:
    (I don't remember where I got this, or else I would give credit to whoever created it.)

Arabia_factorymarkings.jpg

5. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

I don't know anything about Finnish pottery. I do know I like it!

lauragarnet likes this.
  6. lauragarnet

lauragarnet Well-Known Member

I found two of these vases in different glaze colors than yours bercrystal. Both are listed as 1930-ish. Good key words for you to be able to dig up more info.

[​IMG]
    via eBay: Rare Bauhaus Kupittaan Savi Figural Vase, Kerttu Suvanto-Vaajakallio 30s Finland
    [...] designed by Kerttu Suvanto-Vaajakallio for Kupittaan Savi, circa 1930s Finland...8 inches in height.
    [​IMG]
    via Laatutavara.com
    Product: Sold: pot, red-gray, hand-painted, Art Deco
    Make and model: Kupittaa clay, Gretel Suvanto-Vaajakallio, model / model 262
    Country of Origin: FIN
    Size: Height / height 20 cm
    Mass: 1.321 kg
    Material: valkofajanssi / clay

7. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Chuck & Laura - Thank you so much for the information!!! :kiss::kiss:

Brad - I knew this one would be right up your alley. ;):happy::happy::happy:

I will see if I can find anything & will let you know if I find out anything else.

lauragarnet and komokwa like this.
  8. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

You ALL STILL never cease to amaze me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):):):):):):):):):)

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted