Featured Needing Help In Identifying This 1960's Artist Watercolor Painting - Thanks!

Discussion in 'Art' started by KnutzKollect, Nov 7, 2023.

1. KnutzKollect

KnutzKollect Member

Looking up online this kind of Modern Art 1960's style Paintings you find a handful and some are quite Famous. Don't IMG_BOYCAT1.jpg IMG_BOYCAT2.jpg know if I am that Lucky but would like this Artist Signature Identified. So many Letters I can't even guess at what Country the Artist came from! It looks to be part Watercolor and (Crayon??). Very Different! Measures 16 x 12 Inches and is on stiff paper. I really Appreciate the Help! Gary K

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

it'd be so nice if the guy dated his work...

judy likes this.
  3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Palubinskas, which is a Lithuanian surname. So the artist could be Lithuanian, or a Lithuanian migrant in another country.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2023
    Boland, mirana, johnnycb09 and 3 others like this.
  4. Antiquefab

Antiquefab Well-Known Member

Think your artist surname is Palubinskas.Not sure if initial letter N A or even L.There are artists Nijole Lina and Renata [ a long shot] with that surname all artists..Maybe someone will be able to narrow it down more for you but beleive surname is right.

johnnycb09, judy and moreotherstuff like this.
  5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 8, 2023
  6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Boland, mirana and johnnycb09 like this.
  7. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

mirana likes this.
  8. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

mirana likes this.
  9. Antiquefab

Antiquefab Well-Known Member

Debora,agree Nijole is most likely artist.

10. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Lina appears to be her daughter. Perhaps she'll ask her mother the title and approximate date for you. (But think you're right about early 1960s. Part of the waif-in-art movement. Think Keene.)

https://www.facebook.com/lina.palubinskas/

Debora

mirana likes this.
  11. KnutzKollect

KnutzKollect Member

Wow You All! Thanks! Love this Forum! So many knowledgeable Artists / Collectors willing to Help out another. Other Forum Sites I have had no reponse even if my Questions sat there for a year! You got it right Debora! Definitely the Artist Nijole Palubinskas. Thank You Debora and all you others that Helped! Just Awesome! Gary K

12. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

No credit to me. I only benefited from other's keen eyes. And then I got a bit nosy on the internet. But, frankly, I thought no one would ever be able to read that signature. Impressed that wasn't the case. (And a Lithuanian surname even!)

Debora

13. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

A group effort, one of the things that makes Amtiquers the best place to be.
    I blame it on the EU.:playful: Since Lithuania is a member state, I've been hearing more of those impressive Lithuanian names.

Potteryplease, NanaB and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted