Needing help with this backstamp

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Lindseyc99, Jan 24, 2023.

1. Lindseyc99

Lindseyc99 New Member

I inherited this bowl from my grandmother a few years ago and have not been able to find anything about it. I know it’s Bavaria but unable to find anything regarding the stamp. Can anyone help? 32FBC61F-9AE0-4EE1-8DB5-9C1C3E25FDE4.jpeg 8D18F7EE-4882-434A-8399-13AA8EB31FE7.jpeg

2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Hi Lindsey and welcome!

I found the mark on a very good site listed in the Un-identified section.

upload_2023-1-24_17-37-45.png
    "Initials 'J K B' or such above 'BAVARIA'; I assume this is a fake/repro mark."
    https://www.porcelainmarksandmore.com/resources/unidentified-marks/bavaria/index.php

I also did look through a marks book of German, Bohemian and Austrian porcelain without finding it though easy enough to miss a mark when you don't know exactly what it says.

Draft saved Draft deleted