Featured Neiger?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Raccoon1977, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Raccoon1977

Raccoon1977 Well-Known Member

I have only ever gotten 2-3 Neiger pieces, and when I saw this I snatched it up! Just bought it so this is the only view I have of it, but do 0FBC2544-DF86-4704-B2A5-F4F581BC2EBA.jpeg y’all think it is? Thanks!!

2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

The creamy white beads are most certainly Neiger, I've had some. Can't tell on the rest of the string, it's possibly recrafted. The wee ones don't look it, but the green carved may be.

3. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

The cream ones will GLOW! Uranium beads.
    I’ve got a necklace like this that the Neiger Identification page said were ‘probably’ Neiger but because they had been restrung they wouldn’t commit themselves. I think it’s a pretty safe bet they are although more than one company may have had access to the same bead manufacturer.
    Safer bet with these Racoon than some of the Neiger fake pendants on eBay that are selling for plenty of money :rage:

4. Raccoon1977

I don’t think I have ever seen white uranium beads! The minty green, yes, but never cream. Awesome! Thanks for the replies!!
    I don’t usually buy piece by piece, so I haven’t paid attention to the fakes. Every category has them, and cheap Chinese ripoffs, so I try to steer clear of most listings I am unsure of. I stick to gold and silver!! Yay!

5. Ownedbybear

As I said, I had those beads, loose. Gave them to a beader friend, not sure what she made.

pearlsnblume and KSW like this.
  6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

True, it is in fact fact. (fact fact?) That is why Neiger bead necklaces can be difficult to authenticate, whereas brooches etc are much easier to identify.

kyratango and KSW like this.
  7. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

These are mine
    C1BE6044-1569-4B0B-98BF-B9EAA3CD1EE1.jpeg 183A4AFE-C770-47D6-837F-7651E6FD010F.jpeg CDEDBC79-F87D-4579-8F6B-71F827E73BF2.jpeg 3B93F500-98C7-4390-91DC-57ECA190759C.jpeg

8. Raccoon1977

That is awesome! My UV light died (my son has one that I borrow) so need to order another!! And the necklace is gorg. Personal piece?

kyratango, pearlsnblume and KSW like this.
  9. Any Jewelry

Bootiful K!:happy:

kyratango, pearlsnblume and KSW like this.
  10. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

It’s in my hoard of things that aren’t going anywhere!. Like yours it was a lucky spot in a job lot.
    Although the red beads aren’t original I rather like them together. It’s in my pile to be restrung.

kyratango, pearlsnblume and Bronwen like this.
  11. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Thankyou :)

12. Raccoon1977

I totally have one of those piles too. I have restrung a few, but mainly for keeps. The one I posted above looks like it needs a restring as well. I kinda like it; it is relaxing.

kyratango, KSW and pearlsnblume like this.
  13. Ownedbybear

I sold some bits from the Hoard, Kate. ;)

14. Any Jewelry

You didn't!:eek:

15. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Not to that lady who offered to buy it all? :hilarious:. I nearly choked on my coffee and cried laughing, poor woman had NO idea what she’d said.
    I was the lucky recipient of one of your items but I suspect it is still...ahem...a significant stash!.

kyratango likes this.
  16. Ownedbybear

Yup, that's the one, bless her. She has bought a teeny weeny incy wincy miniscule fractional nano particle. it wasn't even from the Keep Hoard. She got a deal. ;)

KSW likes this.
  17. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

She was so naïve, I think she thought a Jiffy bag would hold it all. I didn’t want to enlighten her that more likely she would need a removals truck :hilarious:

18. Ownedbybear

Forty tonner. At least.

Any Jewelry and KSW like this.
  19. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Lol. x2

20. Ownedbybear

Truth!

I worry about the floor loading sometimes.

KSW likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted