New dreck or Mejing period figures ?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by johnnycb09, Dec 29, 2020.

1. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Hi all,Ive got these 2 figures ,11 inches high,3 wide ,and though I steer way clear of Oriental anything for $2 each I thought what the heck . I thought the faces seemed older than usual,but there again,Im often wrong. Any input is appreciated .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lucille.b and komokwa like this.
  2. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

The red lipstick even on the male seems wrong to me. I read here that modern makeup like these have with blush and eyeliner point to a more modern piece. I'm just commenting on that aspect of your pieces. For all I know, they could be older.

Lucille.b and johnnycb09 like this.
  3. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Nice that they are stamped, but I'm guessing more modern as well. Post 1980's, maybe? Although the fronts have some nice detail, the glaze or paint on the reverse (see photo of the backs) seems sort of quickly done around the braids, etc. I think older pieces would have more careful work.

But wait for others!

P.S. Love this thread title.

Fid, johnnycb09 and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  4. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Pretty new, but for a couple of bucks so what - they too will be antiques one day, right?

johnnycb09, komokwa and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  5. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I figured as much,thanks guys (and gals!) . Now I wont feel bad I broke the tip off one !

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted