New member introduction

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Kc_nataud, Feb 24, 2024.

1. Kc_nataud

Kc_nataud New Member

I don't have anything interesting to say about myself. I came across this site as I was looking for information on some antiques found in my house. I live with my husband and kids in his family home. It's been in his family since 1926. If you lived here, moved away or passed, anything that was left behind went up into the attic. Lol So as we sort and get rid of items, I don't want to just "donate" things without knowing anything about it. Especially if they are worth something and deserve better storage.

Bakersgma, Bronwen, Marote and 2 others like this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Let me be the first to welcome you and thank you for joining us. Big task but there are lots of knowledgable people here willing and able to help you.

Debora

LauraGarnet02 and Kc_nataud like this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

greetings...
    I guess there are no family heirlooms up in the attic....but still...worth looking..

LauraGarnet02 likes this.
  4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

My advice... Don't toss/donate anything until you've determine possible value. Even paper and other ephemera can surprise.

Debora

LauraGarnet02 likes this.
  5. Kc_nataud

Kc_nataud New Member

There's been nothing "passed down" but the attic is chalk full of antiques. Marriage beds, a wardrobe steamer trunk, those old wash basin with pitcher. The list is pretty big.

komokwa and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  6. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Welcome, Kc_nataud!

7. Kc_nataud

Kc_nataud New Member

8. Kc_nataud

Kc_nataud New Member

Sorry Debora. Looking at this on my phone, I added to your comment. Lol

I believe it was 2006 that Bill Hogan came through the house and gave us prices for what was NOT in the attic. There's an album of vintage post cards that he appraised for $50 ea. I think there's approx 45. Lol

9. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted