Featured New World Auction Record for American Stoneware

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by lauragarnet, Oct 25, 2015.

1. lauragarnet

lauragarnet Well-Known Member

Got this in my email a few days ago. (I'm signed up for the Crocker Farm newsletter.) Probably others here would find this exciting and interesting too.
    Remmey-Stoneware-Water-Cooler-Federal-Eagle-Crocker-Farm-Sold-483000-Oct-17-2015-b.jpg
    New World Auction Record for American Stoneware
    Very Important Stoneware Water Cooler w/ Profuse Incised Federal Eagle Motif, att. Henry Remmey, Baltimore, 1812-29
    Important and Probably Unique Seven-Gallon Stoneware Water Cooler with Incised Federal Eagle Decoration, attributed to Henry Remmey, Sr. or Jr., Baltimore, MD, circa 1812-1829....
    October 17, 2015 Stoneware Auction Lot #: 1
    Price Realized: $483,000.00 ($420,000 hammer, plus 15% buyer's premium).

I can sometimes while away an hour or so on that website.:shame:

gregsglass, Messilane and quirkygirl like this.
  2. Jen and George

Jen and George Well-Known Member

Wow! Thanks for sharing. Now will have to spend the rest of the day at that site!

lauragarnet likes this.
  3. 42Skeezix

42Skeezix Moderator Moderator

That is pretty remarkable.
    Good early American blue decorated salt glaze has always been top shelf stuff.
    There are even better pieces out there in private hands...or yet to be found ;).

Notice the long crack to the right of the eagle?

4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

That's so out of my purview , I'd never know it was worth a nice house !!

Jen and George likes this.
  5. fenton

fenton Well-Known Member

Worth every Penny.

Draft saved Draft deleted