Newbie fron switzerland

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Lecollectionneur, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Lecollectionneur

Lecollectionneur Well-Known Member

Normally if you broke them in classic use, they are life guaranteed, after, it depends of your reseller, here we have no problem with that but more often I send my knife directly to the maker.
    The military "real" actual 2008 model is green, with red or natural aluminium handles it was the precedent model, you have the links for the two now. ;-)

2. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

You are so lovely for taking the time to give me this information. Thank you so much.

judy, Christmasjoy and Joshua Brown like this.
  3. Lecollectionneur

No problem, I don't know if it is possible to send new swiss knife to US, I haven't make that since years, but if somebody search the spare parts like toothpick or the small tweezer, I can send it in an envelop.

judy, Christmasjoy and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  4. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

Welcome from France :)
    Corozo! Je voudrai voir!!! :woot::)
    And repairs... All subjects that facinate me:joyful:

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  5. Lecollectionneur

Bonjour,
    Voilà un exemple de ce que je collectionne en corozo, je ne cherche pas à amasser mais uniquement les belles pièces plutôt sophistiquées et en parfait état.
    Here is some example of caved corozo nut I'm collecting, only interested by perfect condition and good subject, I'm not a mass collector.
    This is a smal box, screwed, no particular use, just as a piece of virtuosity at the time.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Par contre comme je vous le montre sur cette photo j'ai un peu tendance à amasser différents sujets…
    But as you can see on that picture I have a little problem with the number of subject I'm interested.
    [​IMG]

6. kyratango

OOH! Merci @Lecollectionneur pour les photos :)
    Superbe petite boite (à odeurs?)! :woot:
    I collected too, sold my best pieces, but still have some... somewhere in a box:bored:
    I will post when I'll find them:bucktooth:

My cabinet looks as crowded as yours! :nailbiting::joyful:

As a precious bugs collector, I'm in aww with the Chinese ivory box beautifully carved with grasshopper and dragonfly:woot::woot:

judy, Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  7. KikoBlueEyes

Lecollectinneur. I would love a swiss knife from Switzerland. From what I gather from Google you can send a limited quantity of non switch blade knives from the USA, but I will have to ferret out whether you can send them from Switzerland to the US. Would you be willing to do this if it could be done? I am looking for something simple, some blades with a metal cover but would take what I could get. I go camping a couple of months each year, and need a pocket knife to cut things. I also used it yesterday in my usual life, so its a handy thing. Kiko

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  8. KikoBlueEyes

Absolutely beautiful and charming. the workmanship of the small box takes my breath away. I'd like to see more of your treasures.

9. Lecollectionneur

What is a non switch blade precisely was not totally clear for me, after a search on Google, the swiss knife seems never been a switch blade, you need a nail to open it, it cannot open without a traction on any accessories or blades or scissors.
    I'm buying knives in US and it's just a problem at customs to be certain that they are not unhautorised in Switzerland, no other considerations, but I know that they are some countries where you can have problems with only a little thing…
    I search the pictures from the factory for the models and put the images on this post later, then you can look at them and say me if it's ok with your regulations.

Christmasjoy, judy and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  10. KikoBlueEyes

You are terrific! I sent an email to SwissPost to see what they had to say about sending a knife through the mail to the US. Next I am going to talk to US Customs for a complete picture. I hope this is not too much trouble. I don't want to cause you a lot of work. Kiko

11. Lecollectionneur

No problem, years ago when I began with digital photography, and with not too much money, speaking on Dyxum forum about the difference on prices for an original converter, a member who is now a friend from overseas said me that he can buy one at the B&H store and sending it without problems, paying it with Paypal, the difference was really important, then for me when I can make it as a service and not a commercial intention, it's a manner to continue with that spirit.
    Look at this page, they are all actual models.

Christmasjoy, KikoBlueEyes and judy like this.
  12. Lecollectionneur

I will make a picture for the box which interested you, it's an art nouveau like made in the Meiji period for the european market in my opinion, the isects are realistic more in european taste than in asiatic manner.
    What is the more precise signification of "bug" please, as a nature photographer I know a little about them.

13. kyratango

Thank you for the infos on the box! Japanese Meiji makes more sense than Chinese, as I first thought!

For my definition of "bugs", Uuh... Not at all fond of living (or dead!) real insects, even scared by a living butterfly:nailbiting::bucktooth:

But I have a compulsive attraction to any antique and precious insect themed pieces!
    I call them Bugs or Bzz Bzz in a generic (to me!) terminology;)

Most of them were bought damaged and a great part of my pleasure is to repair their wounds:joyful:
    Link to my "repairs" ( as a professional restorer, you risk to be frightened by my methods...:hilarious:) on my Collectors Weekly page:
    https://www.collectorsweekly.com/user/kyratango/kyratised

Some of my Bzz Bzz and bugs:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    and a handful of wood tokens naturalistic painted on both sides with insect!
    [​IMG]

14. Lecollectionneur

Thanks for the pictures, it's more precise now, after visiting your page you're a compulsive bug collector I see…;)
    Before the picture of the box something inculded in bugs for you directly from my website.
    [​IMG]

15. KikoBlueEyes

While I am not a bug collector, these are truly wonderful. I especially love the mosaic beetle.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  16. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

Beautiful !!! ... Joy.

kyratango and i need help like this.
  17. kyratango

What a charming "demoiselle", Lecollectionneur! I love the iridescence, it looks like a green opal jewel.:)
    You're right, I'm totally compulsive for collectioning these critters:shame:

Aww, thank you KikoBlueEyes:joyful: This one is among my favorites too!
    The micromosaic had lacks... I repaired it with polymer clay, carved the lines and baked :joyful: The main difficulty was the size...5/8" or 1.7cm motif length!
    before:[​IMG]

after:[​IMG]

18. Lecollectionneur

A good repair, it's very difficult remplacing parts on a micromosaic, normally I use a clay for children that you can put to harden in an oven at 50° after modelling small bar, cut the result with a diamond Dremel disk to obtain smaller parts.
    You can make the colours as you want, it's not toxic at use, and not permanent as to work with cold enamel for example.
    And I'm totally mad with Odonata, protecting them, photographying and observing them, they have a predictive behavior you need to learn for good pictures.

19. KikoBlueEyes

My goodness. I love your passions. What behavior are you talking about, may I ask. I take pictures of dragonflies when out hiking, but they often flit off before I get a good one.

Christmasjoy, judy and kyratango like this.
  20. KikoBlueEyes

Thanks for the new word - micromosiac.

judy, kyratango and Christmasjoy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted