Newbie needs help identifying this

Discussion in 'Tools' started by Wendy Gerber, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Wendy Gerber

Wendy Gerber New Member

20170714_121353_resized.jpg I apologize if this has been posted before. I have tried to search it and have no idea where to start and there are too many pictures in the gallery.
    Thank you so much!

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    KingofThings likes this.
  2. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

Six feet or so wide is it? More photos from different angles would help. Does anything move? What materials? Vegamatic blade?

KingofThings likes this.
  3. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Welcome! :)
    Please go back and edit your photo to the full image option and always do this for all your photos. :)

Wendy Gerber likes this.
  4. KingofThings

Many of us don't look at the gallery at all, only at photos in a post.
    :)

lloyd249 and Wendy Gerber like this.
  5. Wendy Gerber

Wendy Gerber New Member

I am sorry I am not sure how to do this. I had to make it smaller to upload. I will try to figure out what you are asking.

Christmasjoy and KingofThings like this.
  6. KingofThings

When you load photos, at the top of the file is a button that states Full Image. :)

Christmasjoy and Wendy Gerber like this.
  7. KingofThings

If you size your photos to 480 x whatever number is given you'll never have trouble. :)

Wendy Gerber likes this.
  8. Wendy Gerber

Wendy Gerber New Member

This is only about 12" long and 6" wide. The metal is one big piece and i believe it is like aluminum. The metal is not sharp. It tilts up and down when you push on the round end. It looks like if you hold it up the metal piece faces down. 20170714_121403_resized.jpg 20170714_121414_resized.jpg 20170714_121356_resized.jpg

KingofThings likes this.
  9. Wendy Gerber

Wendy Gerber New Member

I am doing this all on my phone so I am sending them through email to resize and then download back to my phone. I figured out the full size thing also. It was in a different spot on my phone.

Any Jewelry and KingofThings like this.
  10. KingofThings

:)
    Good work!
    Some have been here since dirt formed and can't do this. ;)

judy and Wendy Gerber like this.
  11. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

It looks like some sort of wool hackle or comb, although the teeth are not even.

KingofThings and judy like this.
  12. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Not a clue but I'm wondering if some of the teeth have been broken off giving it a less uniform look than it might have had.

The only thing that popped in my head but doesn't really seem right is old pill rollers.

[​IMG]

KingofThings likes this.
  13. Wendy Gerber

Wendy Gerber New Member

Thanks for the reply. I don't think it is one of those because it is a solid piece with no spaces.

KingofThings likes this.
  14. Wendy Gerber

Wendy Gerber New Member

It does look like a pill roller based on the slots. the base area has a groove where you can poor something in and then press the side with the grooves down. We tried to figure out if some of the ends were broken off and it is hard to tell. The edges aren't sharp but they aren't rounded. It looks however like it was made that way because of the different lengths of the grooves?

KingofThings likes this.
  15. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

it reminds me...somewhat....of a cranberry scoop..

16. KingofThings

I thought that at first as well but then figured the size. :)
    Doesn't mean it's not some sorting tool though.

Wendy Gerber and komokwa like this.
  17. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

That's were I was going too........& it's metal.....and the tines are staggered ...... it's a thought!

Wendy Gerber and KingofThings like this.
  18. Wendy Gerber

Wendy Gerber New Member

I told my husband I thought it was a cranberry scoop. I will need to keep searching and see what I find.

KingofThings likes this.
  19. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I knew the shape looked very familiar, but couldn't place it. Thanks, Komo, for at least identifying what I was thinking of, even that isn't what Wendy's item turns out to be!

KingofThings likes this.
  20. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Here in Jersey in the cranberry bogs the scoops are at least two feet wide and would take many more hours trying to scoop with a little ity bity thing like that. Where would you be dumping the cranberries into? Too many things get very weird names.
    greg

lloyd249, KingofThings and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted