Noritake green dragon tea set

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Andyjp1, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Andyjp1

Andyjp1 Active Member

8BC27CDD-E872-44AE-A062-CDB76F3833C2.jpeg Hello all,

does anybody know the specific name of this set at all?

many thanks as always
    Andy

moreotherstuff likes this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

We are going to need to see a Full Image picture of one of the plates and another of the mark.

However, Noritake designs often have no official name.

3. Andyjp1

Andyjp1 Active Member

BF47BCDE-DF79-427C-A877-84315A345994.jpeg F9C272C8-8CCA-423C-A7F9-1C6646F915DD.jpeg

judy likes this.
  4. Bakersgma

For starters, it's NOT Noritake. You will not find a "thumbs up in a wreath" mark for them here. http://www.gotheborg.com/marks/noritake.shtml

It doesn't seem to even say Nippon or Japan on it either (although I cannot see what is printed between the stems and above VCTC) although the design does have that look. US import rules required at least the country of origin from about 1890 and then "Made in ...." from 1921 on.

I am not familiar with the VCTC initials at the bottom. Now that I looks again - is that a Y and not a V?

judy likes this.
  5. Andyjp1

Andyjp1 Active Member

Hello, that’s YCTC!

thanks for taking time out to look

judy likes this.
  6. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

When I google YCTC fine china, I get eBay listings for Sango China.

judy and Bakersgma like this.
  7. Andyjp1

Andyjp1 Active Member

judy likes this.
  8. Bakersgma

That listing seems to say there are geisha girls visible at the bottom of the cups. Have you looked at yours? You have to hold the cup to a strong light.

9. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

10. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

11. Andyjp1

Andyjp1 Active Member

Yes. I can see those!

AF80B71E-FB58-4F46-B880-6A327356420C.jpeg

bercrystal and judy like this.
  12. popsycat

popsycat Well-Known Member

Can I just add a bit of info about the teasets with a lithophane of a lady in the base. In the 1950's when a ship docked in Japan, the sailors could pay for a lithophane teaset to be posted home. My brother in law, in the merchant navy paid for 3 full teasets to be posted to the UK (inc teapot) One to his mother, one to his aunt and one to his granny. All arrived in the UK without a single breakage. I think lots of teasets must have ended up all over the world in that way. They all funneled down to my sister, who promptly gave them away as she did not like them.

kentworld and SBSVC like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted