Featured Not antique, jewelry, what stones are these?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by patd8643, Nov 2, 2018.

1. patd8643

patd8643 Well-Known Member

Know these are not antique. Most of my 'costume' jewelry in marked Mexico 925. I have no idea what the stones/rocks are. There is a shadow on the bottom of the grey pendant. The grey bracelet/earrings may be moonstones?
    Thanks for your expert help.
    Patd
    All 1.jpg Backs 1.jpg Pend 1.jpg Mark 1.jpg Frt 1.jpg Backs 1.jpg Sides 1.jpg

Bronwen, Any Jewelry, komokwa and 2 others like this.
  2. Barn Owl

Barn Owl Well-Known Member

First one is Labradorite.

Edit:
    Second one might be dyed pink agate?

3. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

#2 is rhodochrosite

kentworld, Bronwen, aaroncab and 3 others like this.
  4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Yep - labradorite and rhodochrosite. The latter has become more popular recently. You'll sometimes see the first one's white version misidentified as "rainbow moonstone". Yours looks to be decent quality stone with lots of color play.

Bronwen and aaroncab like this.
  5. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

The black in with the pink made me wonder if the second stone could be rhodonite, but that radiating ripple formation takes me back to rhodochrosite.

6. patd8643

patd8643 Well-Known Member

Thank you so much. I'm glad you are here to help those of us less educated. I'm going to be listing an Italian parure.
    Thanks again. Patd

Bronwen likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted